Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence M Shin has 3 locations
3001 S Hanover St
Brooklyn, MD 21225
Book Online Now
Dr. Lawrence M Shin has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Lawrence M Shin has the following 19 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Wounds and Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
Showing 5 of 28
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lawrence M Shin - Posted on November 15th, 2018
Dr. Shin is Truely a GOD send!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lawrence M Shin - Posted on October 24th, 2018
Dr. Shin is not only an extremely intelligent medical doctor, but he is also a superior state-of-the- art Orthopedic Surgeon. He has performed extensive surgery on my neck (C4 - C7 fusion in 2011 and C3 to C4 in 2018). He's amazing because all of my pain and discomfort goes away after he fix my neck. Dr. Shin exhibits tact and empathy, as well as calmness, patience and extreme intelligence about Orthopedic problems. Twice, I put my life in Dr. Shin's hands and each time, he has saved my life! Dr. Shin has successfully performed surgery on my husband's back and prevented him from becoming parallelized and having cerebral fluid leak in his spin! We truly thank GOD for experienced and talented surgeons like Dr. Shin!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lawrence M Shin - Posted on October 23rd, 2018
Best surgeon in Howard county
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lawrence M Shin - Posted on October 19th, 2018
Dr. SHIN did a remarkable job on my father's back . He saved my father from essentially crawling on the floor- to walking unassisted in roughly 3 weeks. I would highly recommend him. I did my research prior to the surgery, talked to several unaffiliated nurses that may have come in contact with orthopedic patients, the overall consensus was that Dr. SHIN is better at and does "a lot of complicated cases" . What more do you need? Best surgeon in Howard county period!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lawrence M Shin - Posted on March 29th, 2018
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1986
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Lawrence M Shin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Lawrence M Shin
Dr. Shin has been practicing orthopaedic spine surgery in Baltimore and Howard County since 1992. He graduated from Harvard Medical School, completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the UCLA Medical Center, and is fellowship trained in spine surgery under Dr. Edward Simmons. Care of his patients is directed to a select team of physical therapists, chiropractors, pain specialists, physiatrists, cancer specialists, neurologists, anesthesiologists, and neurosurgeons. Non-operative treatment is aggressively pursued before recommending surgery. From minimally invasive techniques, to extensive reconstruction of the spine, surgery is tailored to fit the activity demands and expectations of the patient. Dr. Shin does not believe in performing experimental spinal procedures, but will only utilize techniques which have proven to be effective.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lawrence M Shin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Columbia, MD.