- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence M Shin has 2 locations
Dr. Lawrence M Shin has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Lawrence M Shin has the following 19 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Wounds and Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Lawrence M Shin Accepts the Following Insurance
- [ "CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage", "CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage" ]
- [ "CareFirst BluePreferred PPO", "CareFirst BluePreferred PPO" ]
- [ "CareFirst Maryland POS", "CareFirst Maryland POS" ]
- [ "CIGNA HMO", "CIGNA HMO" ]
- [ "UHC Navigate HMO", "UHC Navigate HMO" ]
- [ "UHC Navigate POS", "UHC Navigate POS" ]
- [ "UHC Options PPO", "UHC Options PPO" ]
More about Dr. Lawrence M Shin
Dr. Shin has been practicing orthopaedic spine surgery in Baltimore and Howard County since 1992. He graduated from Harvard Medical School, completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the UCLA Medical Center, and is fellowship trained in spine surgery under Dr. Edward Simmons. Care of his patients is directed to a select team of physical therapists, chiropractors, pain specialists, physiatrists, cancer specialists, neurologists, anesthesiologists, and neurosurgeons. Non-operative treatment is aggressively pursued before recommending surgery. From minimally invasive techniques, to extensive reconstruction of the spine, surgery is tailored to fit the activity demands and expectations of the patient. Dr. Shin does not believe in performing experimental spinal procedures, but will only utilize techniques which have proven to be effective.