Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence M Shin has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Lawrence M Shin has the following 19 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Wounds and Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
Dr. Lawrence M Shin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 56
For many years, I was able to avoid surgery. Then my pain got worse and I needed surgery. I do not accept blood transfusion because of my faith, but Dr. Shin told me that's not a problem because he has done surgery on lots of Jehovah's Witnesses. I had a spinal fusion operation and Dr Shin told me I hardly lost any blood. I am so grateful to be feeling better.
People who require back surgery really need to find another doctor to perform it. Dr Shinn, is shad, unprofessional, and unreliable. He left many patients in the lurch when he closed his practice in Columbia, and the transition to Brooklyn, MD says it all. Even if you might experience some good, don't expect it to last, his first, last and always suggestion for major back surgery after a few token alternatives, is egregious. Stay away!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1986
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Lawrence M Shin accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsComprehensive Pain Center, 8894 Stanford Blvd Ste 104, Columbia, MD
Dr. Lawrence M Shin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MD.