Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lee G Kissel has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr.Kissel has been our family doctor since 1991. My son was very scared of doctors and would cry and scream. At the first appointment (age 3) , Dr. Kissel got down on his level, and said "What's wrong?". He stopped crying and has loved Dr. Kissel ever since. He has seen our family ever since. He is very skilled in making even difficult diagnoses. I had a very unusual case of shingles which should have been very difficult to diagnose, and he was able to get it right, and I was able to get on the anti-viral medication right away so I had no scarring. He is always pleasant and I always feel like he knows me as a person. I feel like we are lucky to have him as our doctor.
Years ago my wife and I asked our nurse friend and mother of three who her family doctor was and she replied,"Dr. Lee Kissel, he's the best!" I signed up. Now that I am 63 I've lived long enough to really appreciate outstanding people and their work, and Dr. Kissel is on top of my list! Thank you for: 1) Taking lots of time checking me out and asking questions on how I feel. 2) Making me feel comfortable asking you questions about my health. 3) Your fast follow up, calling me on test results so I don't have to wonder and worry. 4) Being up to date and open minded on new medical information. 5) You and your staff being so pleasant, upbeat and organized.I am now into my 2nd decade of going to you and I have noticed in all these years from observing your other patients; men, women, moms and kids, they all like you and want you to be their Doc! And I include myself as well. So Dr. Kissel, thank you very much for being my Doctor and doing such a great job.
Dr. Kissel has been our family doctor for over 10 years and it's unanimous this family of five agrees he is the most caring and knowledgeable doctor there is. His bedside manner is consistently professional, he is courteous and very kind. We have seen Dr. Kissel for a variety of reasons he is always very thorough, pays close attention to every detail, responds quickly and calls personally with results and when necessary just to check in. I whole-heartedly trust Dr. Kissel and recommend him to all my friends and family.
Dr. Kissel is the most caring, intelligent and devoted Dr. around. He is a father himself, which gives him the humanism needed to care for any child. He always follows up his appointments with a phone call when needed. I've never trusted anyone with my kids as much as Dr. Kissel. We have had some recent problems with our 9 yr old daughter and he is ALWAYS available to see her in an emergency, no matter what his schedule is like.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2013, 2014, 2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kissel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1980
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Lee G Kissel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouth Bay Family Medical Group, 855 Manhattan Beach Blvd Ste 102, Manhattan Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lee G Kissel in this video.
Dr. Lee G Kissel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manhattan Beach, CA.