Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leyda D Delgado has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 18
I have only had Dr DelGado as my primary physician for a couple of years after my primary care doctor of over 30 years retired. He recommended Dr DelGado to me. In 2014, my sister and I believe Dr DelGado saved my life. After a rear-end collision, my back pain started that night and by the next afternoon I couldn't walk without screaming in pain. Two hospital ERs sent me home, claiming that I had only severe muscle and ligament tears. I was taken by ambulance to Dr Delgado's office and rolled in on a gurney. Dr Delgado was the only one actually take the time to figure out what was really wrong. With a raging temperature and blood pressure down to about 70/40, Dr DelGado had me admitted to a hospital. When they determined that it was beyond their expertise, they transferred me to a major BOSTON medical center where I underwent a spinal laminectomy for a MRSA infection. Thank you Dr DelGado.
If you're a normal person and may be 5-7 minutes late do to things you cannot control such as traffic, Dr. DelGado isn't the doctor for you. My follow up appointment was on a rainy Monday morning and I live about two minutes away from the office but traffic was unusually heavy. I got there about 5 minutes late and when the nurse took me in for my vitals and everything else Dr. Delgado storms in the room telling me I'm too late and she can't take me and that I'll have to reschedule. As I tried to explain to her that I was starting a full time job and didn't know when I was available in the near future she completely backed lashed at me before I could finish my thought. She was rude, just because she is a doctor doesn't mean she can treat people like they are below her. I immediately called when I left the office to tell them I wasn't returning because I want a doctor that doesn't yell at me.
Saw her when she was at QMC and part of the practice group on the 2d floor. She was SOOOO nasty - refused to read my medical records ftom the other docs i saw in the practice, treated me as if i was a malingerer and left the room in a huff and slammed the door. Other patients there had same experiences. I now see a doc she used to work with in that clinic and even he doesnt like her or how she treated their patients. That's a powerful statement: when your peers think you treat patients harshly! Stay far, far, far away.
Dr. Delgado is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Hospital Of Saint Raphael
Dr. Leyda D Delgado accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGranite Medical Group, 500 Congress St Ste 3A, Quincy, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leyda D Delgado in this video.
Dr. Leyda D Delgado is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Quincy, MA.