Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Linda H Fresco has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Linda H Fresco has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Fresco works half time, and her off hours include a 3-1/2 day weekend when she does not make or take calls, remaining strictly out of touch from her office and other doctors. If I got sick and needed treatment when she wasn't in the office, it was up to an unknown doctor to see me, without any familiarity with my case or consultation with Dr. Fresco. During her office hours, it was my experience that Dr. Fresco usually ran late by at least 20 minutes and often more, rushing into the exam room with a harried manner. She'd immediately sit facing her computer, and proceed to take exhaustive notes of our dialogue and related annotations. This prevented eye contact or any spontaneous "hands-on" follow through during conversation, like the usual ways other doctors had typically used their hands (or instruments) to examine, listen, tap, poke, or tap me during a visit. Dr. Fresco deferred any physical examination until the end, and by then she was usually hurrying off and often forgot whatever she intended to do. Her strict business hours, hands-off style, absorption in typing, and lack of eye contact made her seem detached and impersonal. I hoped she would loosen up and become more engaged in my care, but after several visits, I concluded that her style didn't mesh with my expectations, and perhaps vice versa. On the flip side, I never had reason to doubt the soundness of her medical judgment, her familiarity with local specialists, and her knowledge of prescription medications. She might be a better match for patients who don't connect with a warm and fuzzy approach and don't expect to need frequent or urgent care from their own internist.
I chose Dr. Fresco at random when changing insurance and I had to choose another doctor. I have been with her for over 3 years and I have been very happy with the care I've received. She went to a lot of effort to find and get me connected with the right specialist. She is very thorough, and she has a warm sense of humor. I would recommend her to my friends and family.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
24 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Linda H Fresco accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMenlo Medical Clinic, 1300 Crane St, Menlo Park, CA
Dr. Linda H Fresco is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Menlo Park, CA.