Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa M Crim has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Lisa M Crim has the following 9 expertise
- Behavioral Disorders
- Spinal Fusion
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Lisa M Crim is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I would not bring my kids to see her again, although she was very nice and spent time explaining, listening to you. For a simple infection she prescribed the wrong antibiotic; after 3 days with no improvement, I looked up the med and realized it's the wrong one for the symptoms, I had to call another doctor for a different med and the problem went away within 1.5 days. I think she got the med mixed up in reverse as she explained why she wanted to prescribe a different med but it's wrong.
Contrary to the other reviewer, we have had great experience with Dr. Crim. She detected an allergy in our daughter at 4 months of age. She referred us to a specialist and recommended a second opinion when necessary. On another occasion, Dr. Crim wanted bloodwork to determine what virus/bacteria was making our daughter sick, she was an infant and the nurses and lab technicians were having difficulty drawing blood. Dr. Crim came and drew the blood herself. She calls you back in the evenings and on weekends and follows through with your case until it is resolved. Yes, at times it can be a bit difficult to get an appointment with her right away and you might have to wait for a little while in the office but the wait is well worth the care you receive.
For 9 months, our family stopped giving my daughter (now 21 months) eggs including ANYTHING that could contain eggs. It turned out, as we found out from the third allergist we visited, the diagnosis for egg allergy was without any base. Dr. Crim told us at first that my daughter's blood test result showed she had peanut allergy and rushed us to see a specialist. The specialist then told us that the threshold used was wrong and the test result was negative. But then she did a skin test and told us my daughter is allergic to eggs. Despite the fact that I told her we had been giving her egg since she was 6-7months old and had no reaction.
31 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Lisa M Crim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lisa M Crim in this video.
Dr. Lisa M Crim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, VA.