Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lisa L Stephens has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Lisa Stephens was my least favorite ob/gyn out of a practice of four or five. And I should qualify this by saying that I've had four children and one D&C through this practice over a decade. This was before the big malpractice suit etc. She was very curt, brief, and business-like, although she seemed efficient which I initially approved. But she lost all my respect when discussing my weight and topics around mental health, which she had no sympathy and compassion for, or understanding of. Let me qualify this by saying with none of my pregnancies did I gain more than 18 pounds. And several of them were high risk, and I was over age 35 for all of them. When I retorted to one of her zinger criticisms about my physical shape and condition, that it was hard for me with three small children/toddlers/babies to get exercise (single parent, nursing, naps etc.), she stated that there is a YMCA in my town that offered babysitting, she had done it when her children were small, I could too. Her opinion was black and white, and she displayed a ferocious ignorance of the circumstances: the hours they offered a babysitter were hours I could not get to, we could not afford a membership, and the babysitting room was a window-less, airless 20 by 10 foot room two levels down in the lower basement, crammed packed with 10-12 kids already, most of whom were plugged into a video, trading whatever sickness was going around. Anyway, not to go on, but Lisa Stephens is a cold hearted person, with little sympathy for other women...and her comments were unpredictably mean at times, which is the last thing a hormonal pregnant lady needs. We dreaded getting her on rotation. She is also the one who threatened me with a Csection when my first birth (19 hours) was over-long, and she was the one out of all of them who liked giving episiotomies. I would not recommend her.
If I could give 0 stars I would...I wouldn't trust my fish with this woman. She is unprofessional and breaks the oath that medical professionals take. Think THREE times before trusting this "dr" and this practice with your life and your baby's life....do your research into the practices history and CDH history as well since they have now "merged" with CDH....They keep medical info from their patients during treatment, labor, delivery, and post-partum.....JUST PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!!
23 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1995
Baystate Medical Center
Dr. Lisa L Stephens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lisa L Stephens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westfield, MA.