Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lloyd Charles Jr
Dr. Lloyd Charles Jr, MD, PA is a Doctor primarily located in Upper Marlboro, MD. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Charles is affiliated with Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Southern Maryland Hosp and Civista Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Lloyd Charles Jr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 23
Dr Charles was my pediatrician and also my Kids. He's an awesome doctor but,, He was always trying to sell me something during my visits. He has had about every side hustle imaginable, selling long distance service, books, wrist wallets, alkaline water etc. When my child is sick I just don't want to have to listen to your shtick about your various products. Even with that I continued with him for years until within the last year he has decided to not administer immunizations anymore. Why? Because he wants you to pay into some company that will provide the required paperwork to exempt your child from school immunization requirements. That was the last straw for me.
Dr. Charles is a great pediatrician and is always in a great mood. He never rushes his way through his patients and if he has issues with his office staff, he replaces them with people who are not only experienced but also well mannered and stress free. I have taken my son and nephew to other pediatricians in the past and was not satified until they started going to him. He is very caring and is not only concerned with just your childs physical health but also tries to get to know the family and environment that the child lives in. He is easy to get in touch with after office hours and checks his emails daily. The waiting time to see him is really not bad at all, I would rather wait for 15 minutes than be rushed in and out of the office because the doctor want to get more patients in and doesnt put in enough time to talk about my concerns with my child.
Dr. Charles is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Greater Baltimore Medical Center
Southern Maryland Hosp
Civista Medical Center
Children`s Hosp National Med Ctr
United Medical Center
42 Years Experience
Graduated in 1975
Howard University Hospital
Dr. Lloyd Charles Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCenter for Healthy Living of Maryland, 9662 Pennsylvania Ave, Upper Marlboro, MD
Dr. Lloyd Charles Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Upper Marlboro, MD.