Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lloyd A Kurth has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Kurth did Carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand on a Wednesday. I was at work the very next day and could type pain free. The following Wednesday he performed the same surgery on my left hand with the same results. I only missed a half a day of work each time and have not had any pain in my hands or arms for over 2 years now! I would recommend him to anyone!
Dr. Kurth used periodic injections (every 6-12 months) to treat my severely arthritic over the course of about seven years--years in which I enjoyed relative comfort and good function. Three weeks ago He did a total knee replacement and the results have been excellent. The rehab is no fun, but the result is well worth the pain and effort.
I went to him with lateral pain in my food which I suspected to be a cuboid stress fracture (rare but happen). He was rushed, spend very little time with me, took x-ray sent me away with no brace or boot. I came back two more times until he finally ordered bone scan- as i suspected fracture to cuboid. He then told me to use crutches if i wanted and i should be healed up in 3 weeks. I immediately went to another doctor and I am now 4 months on crutches because this break is complicated and slow to heal- he said it will quickly heal in 3 weeks..... I don't recommend him.
I like Dr. Kurth and feel he is excellent at what he does. I go every 4 mths. to see him to get shots in both my knees and he is very gentle. I will be scheduling my knee replacement surgery this summer with him, and I would recommend him. He was recommended by a friend of mine whose husband had his knee replaced by Dr. Kurth. They have had excellent results!
Dr. Kurth is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
West Virginia University Hospital
Dr. Lloyd A Kurth accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMountainstate Orthopedic Associates Inc, 200 Orthopedic Way, Morgantown, WV
Dr. Lloyd A Kurth is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morgantown, WV.