Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lode J Swinnen has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Burkitt Lymphoma
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Hodgkin Disease
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Hepatitis C
- Epstein-Barr Virus Infections
- AIDS-Related Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- B-Cell Lymphoma (CBCL)
Showing 5 of 9
My local oncologist knew Dr. Swinnen and referred me to him. My daughter went with me to the first visit and we were both impressed. Dr. Swinnen spends a lot of time with his patients, is very patient and willing to elaborate and re-explain things you might not understand. He has a very calming manner that provides his patients with extreme confidence in his knowledge and abilities. This is justified as he has a wonderful reputation in treating the cancers he specializes in. I could not have asked for a better doctor or a better physician's assistant, Amy Goodrich. She was always and continues to be awesome. Although I am now completely clean (had mantel cell lymphoma, stage IV, with 90% of my bone marrow involved), I regret not being able to see Amy, but for once a year. Dr. Swinnen and his team are amazing...very proactive and willing to do anything they can to attain a good outcome.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
St Joseph Hospital
Dr. Lode J Swinnen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohns Hopkins Hospital, 1800 Orleans St, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Lode J Swinnen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.