Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lori R Jackson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Lori R Jackson has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Lori R Jackson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I was randomly sent to this doctor after I had an infection around my heart and the er sent me to do a follow up with her after my discharge. She later then became my primary and have been so pleased with her work my husband was going to switch over to her too but his insurance wouldn't cover the switch :( I highly recommend this doctor if anyone is looking for a primary care physician!!!!! She will always listen to concerns and has great bedside manner :)
I would not recommend Dr. Jackson - I went in for UTI - I left with nothing and ended up in the ER because she would not give me the antibiotic that had worked for me in the past. Antibiotics are my last resort but I had to be wheeled in the ER in a chair, crying in pain. I spent over $800 to get the antibiotic and the Dr who examined me said it could have been called in over the phone and that he appreciates patients who take part in their care. I submitted a letter to her telling her why I would not pay her bill and I had a strike put on my credit. She also wrote a prescription for Ambien at an appointment when I told her I could not sleep - the only thing this doector has in her bag is an ego and drugs.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
13 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsConvenient Care, 1701 Curtis Rd, Champaign, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lori R Jackson in this video.
Dr. Lori R Jackson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Champaign, IL.