Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lorin M Graef has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
Last week I had my first appointment with Dr. Graef. I found his staff to be friendly and professional. The office was spacious and spotless. During my visit with Dr. Graef, he took a complete history and a thorough exam. He listened intently and answered all my questions and we discussed a treatment plan. Tests were scheduled as well as a follow up to go over the test results. The best part was at no time was his nose stuck in his computer. Finally, a compassionate physician that practices medicine the way it was supposed to be!
Dr. Graef took Care of my wife who had Alzheimer's before she died. Now, I receive Botox injections from him for my neck spasm/ pain. I fly especially from New York to get my treatment. I don't want anyone else to touch me. he is a wonderful doctor. One day, while I was waiting in the waiting room, I heard a patient comlaining rudely that the doctor did not prescribe him Narcotics. I also heard the same patient state that he is on disability, and later saw him get in to a sports car. These are the kind of people that would give a doctor a bad name: people who want drugs and don;t get what they want.
21 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Lorin M Graef accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBoca Raton Neurologic Associates, 1050 NW 15th St Ste 216A, Boca Raton, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lorin M Graef in this video.
Dr. Lorin M Graef is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boca Raton, FL.