Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Louis Heisler
Dr. Louis Heisler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY, with another office in New Hyde Park, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Heisler is affiliated with St Francis Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center and North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr. He speaks English.
Dr. Louis Heisler has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Pharmacology
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I have been seeing Dr. Heisler for about 18 years since I was 30. He always takes the time to listen to me and not just about whatever the problem is. He has seen me through things from simple colds to more serious things like anxiety disorder, gastro scares, heart arithmias including high cholesterol/blood pressure (all stable thanks to him). He has been instrumental in helping me to quit smoking and using alcohol. The best thing I love about him is that he really cares and knows his stuff and/or gets me to another doctor if does not. He is a straight shooter but not pushy. His nurse is also excellent.
visiting dr. heisler made me believe that the old school doctors do still exist. those that treat you as a person, don't rush you, are extremely thorough in their physical exams, can have a conversation with you apart from the reason for your visite, the whole package. i was very pleased and thanked the friend who recommended me.
Dr. Heisler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Francis Hospital
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The
St Francis Hospital United States Catholic Confere
40 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Louis Heisler accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Louis Heisler in this video.
Dr. Louis Heisler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.