Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Louis A Vandermolen Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 49
Dr. Vandermolen came highly recommended to me by a business associate so when I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer he was the only doctor I considered for my oncologist. The first few visits he was informative and took time to answer my questions. Over the course of 4 years post treatment follow up appointments, he has been chronically late and disinterested. I would not recommend him to anyone. Maybe he is so busy he doesn't need the business.
I had a mastectomy and chemo in my home state. My oncolologist who was excellent and caring cautioned me to look for small bumps along the incision line as a recurrence. Four years into being his patient I noticed the bumps. I saw both Vandermolen and his partner separately. Both told me it didn't look like cancer and sent me to a dermatologist. The dermatologist did a biopsy. Sure enough the breast cancer returned. REALLY? TWO ONCOLOGISTS WHO ARE UNABLE TO IDENTIFY A RECURRENCE. Need I say more? In the changing room for radiation treatments I met many of his patients who didn't care for him or his cavalier and uninterested attitude. I met many patients who loved Dr. Barth . So i happily switched to him.
All he cares about is money and giving you chemo and radiation. Once done with that, you won't hear from him. His office is grand and he is making money off of your disease. The most time he spends with a patient is the first visit explaining that you need chemo and radiation. There are no alternatives and he does not answer questions truthfully..like telling you the side effects of these treatments and how this treatment will ruin your immune system and eventually blank you.
Dr. Vandermolen is the best of the best! He helped me overcome stage 3 breast cancer. He is known as the BEST oncologist at Hoag Hospital. He also treated two of my friends, who are doing well now. I have the utmost faith in him. He may be very busy (lots of patients!!), but he keeps on top of everything and treats each case like it's his only case. There are long waits in the waiting room, but they're worth it. His staff is HUGE and each treats his/her job seriously and with pride. Patients are given blood tests in the office before appointments and Dr. V has the results by the time patients are taken to their exam rooms. His office has very sophisticated equipment. It's no wonder that USC Keck Medicine just chose to partner with Dr. V.
38 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Louis A Vandermolen Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsOrange Coast Oncology Hematology, 520 Superior Ave Ste 300, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Louis A Vandermolen Jr in this video.
Dr. Louis A Vandermolen Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.