Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Luis Bencomo
Dr. Luis Bencomo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Bencomo is affiliated with Miami VA Healthcare System, Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Miami and St Joseph Hospital/Creighton Med Ctr. He speaks English.
Dr. Luis Bencomo has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Luis Bencomo has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Luis Bencomo has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Luis Bencomo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 4
Had been quite a few months since I had seen him. The chart was with the nurse and he had not seen it yet. Amazingly he knew what medications I was on by memory and asked about my family by their names. I appreciate his bedside manner and intelligence in the field of psychiatry. Very up to date with medications and changes. Never made me feel rushed. Thank you
Dr. Bencomo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Miami VA Healthcare System
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Miami
St Joseph Hospital/Creighton Med Ctr
31 Years Experience
Graduated in 1982
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1201 NW 16th St, Miami, FL
Dr. Luis Bencomo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.