Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Luis A Nidea has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Nidea has been my Dr. for many years. I have Crohn's and it is controlled by the proper medication. Dr. Nidea answers all questions or concerns and doesn't hurry through your appointment. He is compassionate and explains things in a way you can understand. I would refer him to anyone that is looking for a good Dr. My granddaughter is going to set an appointment with him as she recently found out she has Crohn's as well.
Dr. Nidea is my father's gastroenterologist. For nearly a year, my Dad continued to tell him that he was having right side pain. Dr. Nidea insisted that his pain must be on the left side, because that's where his colitis was. Dr. Nidea ordered a CT Scan of the abdomen and noted an abnormality in the appendix, but dismissed it as the colon overlapping the appendix. About 8 months later, that tumor that was growing on his appendix ruptured. It spread malignant cancer cells throughout his abdomen. He is now diagnosed with stage 4 mucinous adenocarcinoma of the appendix and Pseudo Myxoma Peritonei. If Dr. Nidea had investigated the abnormality noted on the scan, removal of the appendix may have kept this cancer from spreading outside the appendix.
I went to him for a consultation and he spent more time talking about my thyroid, didn't examine me, then wanted to do a colonoscopy because I was "referred". Then he asked if I wanted pills or liquid, I chose pills. Go out to schedule the procedure and the lady there kindly asked me if I knew that the FDA black boxed the pills, they will cause liver and kidney failure. Thanks for nothing doc... Needless to say I never went back!
Dr. Nidea is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Mercy Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Luis A Nidea accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsThe South Bend Clinic, 211 N Eddy St, South Bend, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Luis A Nidea in this video.
Dr. Luis A Nidea is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Bend, IN.