Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Luis Rios
Dr. Luis Rios, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Rios is affiliated with Palmetto General Hospital, Bethesda Hospital West and West Boca Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Luis Rios has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
If your child ever becomes unstable and you rush to the hospital, a pediatric emergency medicine specialist will work to quickly diagnose the condition, start treatment and then continue to monitor symptoms until he/she is stable again. They are pediatricians specifically trained to handle medical emergencies and make quick decisions to treat infants and children.
They have experience treating allergic reactions, poisonings, trauma injuries from accidents and complications that arise from any chronic illnesses, congenital conditions, asthma or diabetes. They can also diagnose the source of severe symptoms like fever, seizures and trouble breathing to get parents more answers.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Rios cared for my granddaughter last night at West Boca ER. He was very compassionate, calming, and thorough in his assessment. We were all comforted by his professioalism and sensitivity to a frightened child. As a fellow physician I was particularly impressed with Dr. Rios and the nursing staff in the ER.
Dr. Rios is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Palmetto General Hospital
Bethesda Hospital West
West Boca Medical Center
St Mary's Medical Center
Memorial Regional Hospital
Memorial Regional Hospital South
Bethesda Memorial Hospital
17 Years Experience
Universidad Nacional Mayor De San Marcos (Unmsm)
Graduated in 1996
Miami Childrens Hospital
Dr. Luis Rios accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLuis A Rios MD, 1586 Blue Jay Cir, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Dr. Luis Rios is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Lauderdale, FL.