Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lydia F Sims has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Lydia F Sims has the following 12 expertise
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 43
I picked Dr. Sims off of the Cigna website list of OB's not knowing what I was getting myself into. This is my first pregnancy and should have been a good experience. Long story short Dr. Lydia Sims gets 2 thumbs down for bed side manner. She made me feel so bad about myself by her comments and I am pretty sure her staff (who was actually friendlier then her) would hear her thru the thin walls. I dreaded every appointment with her after my very first appointment I ever had. I am a heavy set woman and in good health. All test results would always come out great, blood pressure perfect, no diabetes, or any health issues besides water weight gain and swelling. Dr. Sims made it a point to highlight how big I was at every appointment and how much weight I was gaining. Even basically told me I lied when she was asking me what it was I was eating every day. And yes I understand the dangers of being heavy but there are other ways of speaking to your patients in a kind manner. I am not sure if she just doesn't like bigger woman but from the get go it seemed my weight was a big issue to her. I finally got enough nerve to change my OB towards the middle of my 2nd trimester. I would get a printout from Dr. Sims of the current appointment and never noticed that she continued to highlight the fact that I was obese at the beginning of pregnancy. RUDE!!!!! Now I am on my 3rd trimester and all is well just the swelling of the legs and ankles. Baby and myself are in great health and doing my weekly checkups with my current OB who I should have gone to at the beginning. He doesn't highlight my weight but makes sure to bring up that water weight is a lot to do with the gaining of weight and gives me options like swimming and natural ways to lower the swelling and water weight, and congratulates me when my vitals are good every visit. I really suggest that people ask around first for an OB and not choose doctors from a list. You may end up with an OB like Dr. Sims :(
34 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHouston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, 18220 State Highway 249, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lydia F Sims in this video.
Dr. Lydia F Sims is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.