Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Lynn R Kong has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lynn R Kong has the following 18 expertise
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Hepatitis C
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Dr. Lynn R Kong has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Kong very military & textbook. Treats patient's too aggressively against their wishes when they are terminal. No follow up. Does not listen. Patronizing to patients. Obvious that she would rather not be working. No bedside manner, no compassion. Inability to put herself in patient's shoes & be empathetic. Chip on shoulder. HER RECEPTIONIST. SUE ANN DREW makes Dr. Kong look bad. Very rude & condesending to patients on phone. Takes things in her own hands. Does NOT follow orders. Very HUMILIATING. Want to ask her where she received her MD. If she was gone, Dr. KONG would be better off. Really inappropriate. Patients with cancer should not be treated this way with SUE. Graci wonderful. Too bad & sad. Do not go to this doctor.
This doctor is very inteligent. She is so very busy but once she gets to you she knows her profession very well. I trust and repect her. The real problem in this office is here secratary. Very poor bedside mannor. Puts things in her own hands without asking Dr. Kong. She makes Dr. Kong look bad. If you have a bad secretary it is possible one would not want to go to this office. Dr. Kong is very bright and I give her a 10. Her secratary makes her look bad. It takes a good bedside mannor to be the first person to see you. When you secratary is horrible it makes you look bad. Dr. Kong is a wonderfull doctor and would get a better rating if she got rid of the secretary.
We, as a family, would not recommend Dr. Kong to anyone. She was negligent in the care of our mother. She was negligent in monitoring my mothers overall, from blood tests to overall appointment summaries. She was not keeping tabs on our mothers platelet counts. Our mother had low grade lymphoma for 16 years and was dead within 3 months of chemotherapy treatment under Dr. Kong's care. Dr. Kong diagnosed our mother with depression, which she never had in her 75 years of life. We believe our mother was overdosed on chemotherapy under Dr. Kong's care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
27 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Mcgaw Medical Center
Dr. Lynn R Kong accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCoastal Radiation Oncology Medical Group, 2900 Loma Vista Rd, Ventura, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lynn R Kong, MD - Hematology and Oncology in Ventura, CA, in this video.
Dr. Lynn R Kong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ventura, CA.