Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Neravanda Medappa
Dr. Neravanda Medappa, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY, with another office in Brooklyn, NY. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Medappa is affiliated with New York Methodist Hospital and Lutheran Medical Center. Dr. Medappa has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Neravanda Medappa has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Neravanda Medappa is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
This man was my doctor as a child. I hope that he is no longer practicing. Frankly, he really scared me. I did not feel safe being alone with him. On several occasions he touched me inappropriately. I told my parents but they did not believe me. This doctor is a very sick man and should not be allowed near children.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Medappa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Methodist Hospital
Lutheran Medical Center
49 Years Experience
Government Medical College Mysore
Graduated in 1964
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Neravanda Medappa accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Neravanda Medappa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.