Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maan A Askar has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Preventive Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 69
Worst Dr. ever. I told the staff I didn't want to be see by his associate (female doctor). I told her when she came in the exam room and I told Dr. Askar. Yet she still came in to see me. We (patience) have a right as to who we want as our doctor. Secondly, I had a 9:00 appointment. When I got there, a few few before 9:00 the waiting room was full. WTH. Thirdly, I wasn't call until 10:40. After waiting another 10 to 15 minute, who walks in? You guess it, the female doctor. I am a female and do not wish to be examined by a female. (Gross). I was only there for a blood test. Again WTH. A month ago, when I did see Dr. Askar, he was rude in his answers, as if he was dismissing me with a wave of his hand. I simply wanted to know can I take my cholesterol pills in the morning, as appose to night time, which is when he told me to take them. I take my blood pressure pills first thing in the morning and just wanted to take them together. I'm over 60 and has never been treated like this by a doctor. He's by far the worst doctor ever.
Trust is something that is very important for me to have in a doctor. I have been constantly searching for this in multiple doctors and I can honestly say that I truly can trust Dr. Askar. He is a very caring and intelligent man who has literally changed the way I live my life because of his accurate diagnosis and treatment of my condition. I am now able to live life without discomfort and know that I am in good hands with Dr. Askar. One negative is that the wait is about 20-30 minutes, which is a bummer. But for me the wait is worth it.
This physician spends time with the patient, he monitor chronic health problems closely. We can live a happy life with my diabetes and high blood pressure because they they are always under control. He keeps close eye on things. He and his team works together for us. We are his patients for almost 2 years. Only one problem is a little long waiming time which is understandable. Really great physician and a great team who care about us.
Dr. Askar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Maan A Askar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSundus Fathalla Rummani-Askar Md, 26440 Hoover Rd Ste C, Warren, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maan A Askar in this video.
Dr. Maan A Askar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warren, MI.