Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Madhu Engineer has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
I began seeing Dr. Engineer 14 years ago and her thorough and careful review of my symptoms and past behavior led to not only an accurate diagnosis, but where there are several possible medications available for my treatment, she successfully paired me with the medication that works best for me and my whole life has improved every day since.
Dr Engineer is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. I was diagnosed with a mild depression 14 yrs ago and have been prescribed different (over the last 14 yrs) medications to help with depression. They never seemed to really help. A friend of mine suggested Dr Engineer (she took her daughter to her). After two visits with Dr Engineer, she diagnosed me with anxiety and ADD. She prescribed low doses of anxiety and ADD medication, after 14 years, I finally feel like my old self!!! She is wonderful, and truly listens. I would highly recommend her!!! BTW I have never waited more than 10 mins to see her.
My son, who is 15 now, has been seeing Dr Engineer for about 4 years. She is treating him for multiple disorders including ADHD & Anxiety Disorder. She is extremely professional and very knowledgeable. She does not base any of her decisions on what other doctors have diagnosed but forms her own diagnosis based on her findings. She is very thorough and extremely knowledgeable about the medications that she prescribes. She is kind yet stern. My son respects her and trusts her. Dr Engineer's expertise has made such a difference in my sons behavior. She was able to find the right medicines and right dosage that would perfectly fit all of my son's disorders. I would highly recommend Dr Madhu Engineer to anyone! :-)
40 Years Experience
Seth Gs Medical College
Graduated in 1978
Li Jewish Medical Center
Locations & DirectionsBallantyne Psychiatry Services, 7820 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy Ste 108, Charlotte, NC
Dr. Madhu Engineer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.