Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Magnus Lakovics has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Magnus Lakovics has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Magnus Lakovics has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Magnus Lakovics is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I've seen multiple physiatrists for 20 years now. I never was happy with any of them, so I was constantly switching to others about 1-4 times a year (desperately trying to find one I'd be happy with and would actually care about their patients). I finally found Dr. Lakovics almost 7 years ago and don't ever want to stop seeing him. He's the best of them all. He really listens, gives great advice, and keeps up with med checks to make sure they are the right ones that can help the patient. Also, I am always able to get in right away when it is urgent to see him. I would refer anyone to him!
Dr. Lakovics is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Pioneer Memorial Hospital-Prineville
St Charles Medical Ctr
-St. Charles Bend
-Bend Psychiatric Associates
42 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Suny Health Science Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1345 NW Wall St, Bend, OR
Dr. Magnus Lakovics is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bend, OR.