Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mahmood J Akel MD
Dr. Mahmood J Akel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spring Hill, FL. His specialties include Surgery and Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Mahmood J Akel has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mahmood J Akel has the following 1 expertise
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mahmood J Akel - Posted on January 31st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mahmood J Akel - Posted on June 13th, 2016
took 10 minutes to do colonospopy
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mahmood J Akel - Posted on March 10th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mahmood J Akel - Posted on December 1st, 2015
This man is an absolute horrible Doctor. Checked his background after being referred to him, and found he is not even board certified!! Never passed his exam! He also has had malpractice lawsuits (many) filed against him!!! I just am skeptical of why I was referred to him! Is there anyone better in this area? Do research on these doctors...Period!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mahmood J Akel - Posted on July 22nd, 2015
Sisters Of Charity Hospital
Dr. Mahmood J Akel Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAKEL RIVERSIDE WALKIN CLINIC, 5433 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, FL
Dr. Mahmood J Akel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Spring Hill, FL.