Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Majdi Al-Najjar
Dr. Majdi Al-Najjar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Niles, MI, with other offices in Coloma, MI and Saint Joseph, MI (and 2 other locations). He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Al-Najjar is affiliated with Community Hospital, Lakeland Specialty Hospital at Berrien Center and Lakeland Regional Health System - St Joseph. He speaks English.
Dr. Majdi Al-Najjar has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Calcium Metabolism Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I went to mayo clinic in Minnesota, after going to him for five years to find the problem.........they did at mayo in Hours!! They found my goiter was 5times largerthan normal and that I have Hashimoto disease! I would never NEVER recommended him to anyone!!!!!
I don't know what do you mean by "after going to him for five years to find the problem". The most common cause of abnormal thyroid is Hashimoto's (80-90% of hypothyroid cases). If I was seeing you for under-active thyroid, then most likely you have Hashimoto's disease. This is a simple and straight forward condition which I see and manage daily
My husband, my daughter and I are all patients of Dr Al-Najjar. We see him for diabetes control. I lost over 30 lbs and I am not using insulin anymore. My husband A1c is 6.5, My daughter A1c is 5.9 and my A1c is 5.8. I highly recommend him
Dr. Al-Najjar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lakeland Specialty Hospital at Berrien Center
Lakeland Regional Health System - St Joseph
Lakeland Regional Health System - Niles
Lakeland Medical Center-St. Joseph
21 Years Experience
Jordan University Of Science And Technology
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Majdi Al-Najjar accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Majdi Al-Najjar in this video.
Dr. Majdi Al-Najjar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Niles, MI.