Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Manal A Sous has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Manal A Sous has the following 12 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Manal A Sous has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Manal A Sous is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 18
I just read all of these reviews and I disagree with the negative comments . I have been a patient of her's for over 10 years and if it weren't for Dr. Sous, I don't know where I would be emotionally. Yes, I agree the visits are 15 to 30 minutes , she is always professional and I find her to be very helpful. Sometimes your therapist/social worker can only do so much and then you need to get on medications. That is where the where Dr. Sous and others like her come into play. Shame on all of you for bad mouthing her after one or two visits!!! She and her family has suffered a tragic loss, I remember her daughter Michelle, sitting in the waiting room doing homework and as she got older she help her mom with some of the phone calls and paperwork. Michelle was a beautiful, bright, young woman, Dr Sous raised her, that says a lot. so before you thumb you noses ant anyone, take a walk in their shoes. Dr Sous is a wonderful person and doctor. II pray for all of you negative Nellie's.
Took a full history, asked about family members, asked specific questions. I went to see her when my previous psychiatrist retired. She didn't spend a long time with me, but was thorough. She's not a therapist, so don't expect have a long session with her. She is interested in symptoms, behaviors, medical history, diagnosing and medicating. I would recommend this over having your primary care dr do all of that.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sous is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Ain Shams University
Graduated in 1988
Bergen Regional Medical Center
Dr. Manal A Sous accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Metro
Locations & DirectionsManal Ann Sous Md, 637 Wyckoff Ave Ste 3, Wyckoff, NJ
Dr. Manal A Sous is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wyckoff, NJ.