Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marc O Anderson has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I suffer from thyroid disease and have had a very difficult time finding a good doctor. Dr. Anderson actually listened to me and seems willing to work with me. Having lived with Hashimoto's disease for many years I know quite a bit about it and I also know my body. Dr. Anderson seemed to respect that and didn't just poo-poo my thoughts and concerns. He also followed up with my lab results on the phone after my appointment. He is the first doctor to do so in all my years of struggling with thyroid disease. He's also the first one who didn't also just want to put me on anti-depressants. I am not depressed...my thyriod levels are off. If you are a thyroid patient, give him a try. He tests for anti-bodies, Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3, etc. Not just TSH. He also seems incredibly kind.
I had read that Dr. Anderson could help me with possible thyroid issues since I have all of the symptoms. I traveled quite a distance to go to him. His nurse was not very friendly, and after meeting with him and telling him my symptoms I made an appointment to get lab work done. Before I went in for the lab work I called and asked if he would diagnose me on symptoms instead of just lab work in case it came back "normal" and asked if he would be able to help me or if I should go see someone else. I was told to go see someone else, so now I have to pay the big bill when he didn't do anything for me at all. Total waste of time!!
I am very picky about physicians. I have had a difficult time finding a physician who would actually listen to my symptoms and spend the time necessary ocming to an accurate dianosis. Dr. Anderson and his staff were AMAZING! I drove 80 miles round trip and it was well worth it! His bedside manner was excellent!
30 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
United States Air Force Base Hospital
Dr. Marc O Anderson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTanner Clinic, 2121 N 1700 W Ste B, Layton, UT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marc O Anderson in this video.
Dr. Marc O Anderson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Layton, UT.