Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marc R Kirschner
Dr. Marc R Kirschner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Islip, NY. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Critical Care Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kirschner is affiliated with Southside Hospital and St Francis Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Marc R Kirschner has the following 3 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marc R Kirschner has the following 13 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
Dr. Marc R Kirschner has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Marc R Kirschner is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I can"t believe everything I feel has already been written about this egomaniac. He lacks empathy, he is dismissive, condescending and try to challenge me on matters of depression when I am a therapist and have seen more depression than he ever will. Depression is his answer when he doesn't know the answer. They even give you a questionnaire which was fairly easy to pinpoint they were trying to determine if I was depressed. The report that got back to my referral doctor he believes he has never seen anything so poorly written. I wish I would have read the reviews before having an apt made,
Dr. Kirschner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1975
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Marc R Kirschner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouth Bay Cardiovascular, 540 Union Blvd, West Islip, NY
Dr. Marc R Kirschner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Islip, NY.