Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marc J Richard has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Marc J Richard has the following 19 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Kidney Failure (Uremia)
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 16
Made appt. to see Dr. Richard of Duke Ortho for continued pain in forearm/elbow region of arm. 1st visit only a Fellow came into room and saw me, never did I see Dr. Richards. MRI ordered/conducted came back for follow up and to gain a plan on how we were going to deal with this situation. Again only a Fellow came into the room, never did Dr. Richard come into see me? MRI revealed 2 partial tears in the tendons and I was offered a cortisone injection into the elbow joint itself, declined because there was nothing wrong with the joint nor was that were the tears were. The overall lack of concern for my situation and lack of options visited was concerning at best. I am still dealing with this injury and have continued to seek out additional medical, rehab, and strength and conditioning specialist to heal and mitigate this situation (NOT DUKE). I do not have a strong nor high regard for Dr. Richards ability as a doctor or to come up with healing strategies, nor would I recommend his office to someone else.
had appt to see Dr. Richard. Instead, his fellowship trainee came into the room, spoke a little and left, saying he would be back with Dr. Richard. When he returned, there was no Dr.Richard. It was just this arrogant, know it all fellow who was so condescending that I was stunned. I had been to Duke Ortho several times before, had good reviews for them, and this happened out of no where. I was never given a survey or a chance to explain what happened until here. I think they didn't want me as a patient anymore. I am not demanding, am pleasant, and simply do not understand this behavior. I will not see another Duke ortho doc and I now discourage friends and family from doing so.
Suffered over two decades with Carpal Tunnel in both hands. I had both surgeries 90 days apart, and it was as if someone flipped a switch! Dr. Richard is a true professional, bonafide and genuine . I truly appreciate all his time and efforts. It has most definitely made a huge difference in my life!
I had a ganglion cyst removed a year and a half ago and Dr. Richard was great! Barely a scar. He is very pleasant to deal with, listens to the patient. Very much a people person. Always smiling, very careful.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Richard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Marc J Richard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDuke Medical Plaza Page Road, 4709 Creekstone Dr Ste 300, Durham, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marc J Richard in this video.
Dr. Marc J Richard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.