Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Marc E Sternberg has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Marc E Sternberg has the following 12 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Marc E Sternberg has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Marc E Sternberg is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 8
Dr. Marc Sternberg prescribed me meds for anxiety. I am a profesional driver for a living. I did online research on the medication he prescribed me and I found what he gave me are really just sleeping pills. He said I need to take these pills every 6 hours. I almost got into an accident because I feel asleep on the road after taking these 'anxiety' meds that are really just sleeping pills. It was bad judgement on the doctor's part. Never trust Marc Sternberg.
Dr. Marc Sternberg prescribed me meds for anxiety. I am a professional driver for a living. I looked up the meds online that he gave me at it said they are actually sleeping pills, and Marc Sternberg told me to take them every 6 hours. I almost got into an accident because of this. I feel asleep at the wheel. I should have done my research first before taking these 'anxiety' meds that are really sleeping pills. Marc Sternberg cannot be trusted.
New England Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSouthern California Permanente Medical Group, 3420 Kenyon St, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marc E Sternberg, MD - Psychiatry in San Diego, CA, in this video.
Dr. Marc E Sternberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.