Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marcia Defreese
Dr. Marcia Defreese, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Harrisonburg, VA, with another office in Rockingham, VA. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Defreese is affiliated with Rockingham Memorial Hospital and RMH Healthcare. She speaks English.
Dr. Marcia Defreese has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Defreese seems to have a problem with little boys. She inaccurately diagnosed both of my sons, years apart. I now avoid her at all costs. Stated that my son, who was in the 75% in height and 50% in weight, was borderline obese. I thought she was joking! She set me straight immediately! Also told me that my 4 month old son needed supplementation. That I was starving my child. His growth was fine, too. I think she must just not like nursing babies! I can't figure her out, but I wonder why she is practicing peds!
Dr. Defreese is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rockingham Memorial Hospital
21 Years Experience
UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson
Graduated in 1992
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marcia Defreese is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrisonburg, VA.