Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Margaret L Herrera
Dr. Margaret L Herrera, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pasadena, CA, with another office in Los Angeles, CA. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Herrera is affiliated with Anaheim Global Medical Center, Huntington Hospital and Methodist Hospital Southern Ca. She speaks English.
Dr. Margaret L Herrera has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Margaret L Herrera has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Margaret L Herrera has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 9
Both Dr. Herrera and her staff are friendly an professional. She first took care of my mother for the last years of her life. It was mostly making sure that she was not in pain. Dr. Herrera would sit in front of my mom holding her hands and patiently listened to everything she had to say. She is now my doctor and has been a god sent. She is very diligent about finding out what is wrong with me and she listens to my concerns. She never rushes you. She is not a pill pusher who gives out Vicodin and sends you on your way. She is wonderful and recommended highly.
She is a very unconcerned doctor, hate her. Her office staff are unfriendly and she sees you for two min. and then she's gone. I have had this doctor for years and still see no improvement (my dad refused to change doctors even though he doesn't even go in). A while back my brother fractured his arm and the ER staff told us to go the office and they would put a cast and it would heal like all features do. We called in the woman said come in at 12, we got there and she would not open the door for us.We called she answered and said oh no I never talked to you come back Monday. -____- They don't close until 5 according to their schedule but apparently they closed at 12 that day, which she failed to mention before. Anyways they made my mom come back with my brother on Monday to do the cast and she still didn't even see him it was some nurse. So he went over the weekend in a state that he was not supposed to. Overall the most horrible doctor and staff ever, please do not make the mistake of going to her services.
This place is the worst medical clinic services ever we encountered. I was hesitating to write this for over a year but its time.First of all, everyone that goes to this clinic is treated worst than someone on Medi-cal, we have first rate medical insurance and still the service is pathetic. The waiting time was over an hour in a half for an emergency vistit that was a life and death situation and after an hour and half wait time Dr Herrera sent her receptionist to tell us that she couldn't see us!! I had to write a note saying your patient is suicidal- she still did not come out--she had her assistant Dr see us--Absolutely no regard for her patients. While waiting I saw a lady come in with her 3 children-she was 10 minutes late because she got there on the bus--the receptionist said too bad you need to come back! The lobby was empty by the way- just us waiting and waiting. There is also the negligence of not following up what one doctor that she refers her patients to prescribes and another. When my relative died - No one in this office could explain what he was on nor did they want to sign off on it. A simple sympathic call from Dr. Herrera would'v been appreciated. The worst service ever!!
Dr. Herrera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
White Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Margaret L Herrera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Margaret L Herrera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.