Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Margaret N Mermin has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Margaret N Mermin has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Margaret N Mermin has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Margaret N Mermin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 3 of 5
We have been patients for about 20 years. I am convinced that Dr. Mermin's care has been instrumental in saving my husband's life more than once. She is meticulous, caring, and is extremely good at coordinating the work of any specialists involved and planning the best overall treatment plan for the patient. Her practice is accessible for appointments (they will work you in if something pressing comes up)and for urgent care situations. The Doctor on duty calls back promptly if you have to call after hours for an emergency. She has an excellent reputation among local doctors. I can delegate all my worrying to her!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mermin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Margaret N Mermin accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMS Research Network of Georgia, 3200 Downwood Cir NW Ste 550, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Margaret N Mermin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.