Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Maria E Lockhart has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Maria E Lockhart has the following 13 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Breast Cancer
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
Dr. Maria E Lockhart has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Maria E Lockhart is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I have been a patient of Dr. Lockhart for many years. She is a caring and loving person. She doesn't rush through her exams. Afterwards she sits down and talks to you about staying healthy. She shows her concern like she's family or a friend. On November 23, 2003 she delivered my daughters baby. My daughter had a risky pregnancy and she practically saved her life. That was an emotional day for our family. She put our minds at ease. She showed profthatesssionalism on that day. I have never forgotten that day. Thank You Dr. Lockhart for being YOU.
Lockhart Is VERY surgery happy first she scheduled me for surgery what she said was a tubular pregnancy , that same day I got a phone call from another Dr in her office stating it wasn't Dr Lockhart insisted it was I had surgery and she removed my tube turned out it wasn't a Tubular pregnancy . 2 weeks later I had a miscarriage , waited 2 hours in her office bleeding ,she then insisted to do D&C surgery I told her no and went to another Dr who said I did not need it. my body did it natural.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
25 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1993
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Maria E Lockhart accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthbay Ob/Gyn, 320 Montauk Hwy, West Islip, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maria E Lockhart, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in West Islip, NY, in this video.
Dr. Maria E Lockhart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Islip, NY.