Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria I Quejada has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Maria I Quejada has the following 20 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Lung Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Dr. Maria I Quejada has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
Love love love having to see Dr.Q. She takes time to talk to me about my questions and concerns. I feel very fortunate to have her as a Dr. while she treats me for cancer, she is always in a good mood and very cool. I would and have recomended her.She has made this horrible experience so much easier to handle.
My mom has been seeing Dr. Quejada for almost 4 years now, and she's truly a great doctor. She is kind, friendly, and warm. She is upbeat and positive, while also being realistic with us about the situation and our options.We can always get in to see her when we need to, even on the same day. She's even come off doing rounds in the hospital just to see my mom when she needed her. She's been very helpful in managing my mom's needs, which are quite complex these days. She's not one of those doctors that refers you out to something else for anything that isn't strictly cancer. She'll use all of the resources at her disposal to try to help. She really listens to my mom and tries to address everything she brings up. When Mom needs to be admitted, Dr. Quejada comes and sees her personally each day and checks up on her afterwards.I can't imagine what anyone else could ask for in a doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
St Louis University Hospital
Dr. Maria I Quejada accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEdward Hospital Cancer Center, 120 Spalding Dr Ste 111, Naperville, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maria I Quejada in this video.
Dr. Maria I Quejada is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Naperville, IL.