Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maria C Steans has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 15
Dr is hospitalist, you don't get to see her after..no hours, no office, no other staff, but she's great at hospital..takes lots of time with patient & getting to know their history as well as with family to explain situation & gives you time to talk & ask all the questions you have..too bad she doesn't have her own practice
After being released from the hospital I had prescriptions filled. I had a reaction and wanted to find out if the problem was something to be worried about. I called the number that was provided by the pharmacy and was then given her cell phone number to contact her. After contacting her, she would not answer my questions and then read me the riot act. Whether or not I was wrong she should of still answered my questions. Just before I was discharge she would not let me ask questions without interrupting me and then left without answering any of my questions or those of my family.
21 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Maria C Steans accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maria C Steans in this video.
Dr. Maria C Steans is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Paso, TX.