The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marie L Nakata MD
Dr. Marie L Nakata has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Marie L Nakata has the following 11 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Dr. Marie L Nakata is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marie L Nakata - Posted on May 10th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marie L Nakata - Posted on March 8th, 2019
Dr. Nakita is an excellent dermatologist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marie L Nakata - Posted on November 2nd, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marie L Nakata - Posted on October 20th, 2014
I saw Dr. Nakata a few years ago for an issue where my hands blister and peel down to raw skin since moving into my current home. I had been to 3 other dermatologists before Dr. Nakata and they all said I had eczema but for many reasons I was concerned that was not correct. Finally I saw Dr. Nakata - she was kind, soft spoken, answered ALL my questions, never rushed me and most importantly she suggested I keep gloves on my hands when in the water - like washing dishes, etc. that was it!!! Since moving into this home my hands have blistered to the point of constant pain. It turns out that only the kitchen faucet did not go through the water softener and (my theory) I believe the radon in the Waukesha water was causing the blisters. Sometimes I get lazy and don't want to put on the gloves and sure enough they blister up, peel and raw skin causes terrible pain. This Doctor is very intuitive as well!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marie L Nakata - Posted on January 29th, 2013
Dr. Nakata and her staff are wonderful and most helpful. Her diagnosis and treatment were right on the nose ( and ear and forehead ), and there is nothing that she misses. No cancer cell can escape her expert eye sight and after 2 years under her care, I now look forward to my visits with her.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Marie L Nakata Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
More about Dr. Marie L Nakata
Special Interests: fishing, skiing Home City: New Berlin Marital Status: Married Number of Children: 2
Locations & DirectionsDERMATOLOGY SPECIALISTS OF SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN, 17100 W North Ave Ste 200, Brookfield, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marie L Nakata, MD - Dermatology in Brookfield, WI, in this video.
Dr. Marie L Nakata is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brookfield, WI.