Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mario R Lamothe
Dr. Mario R Lamothe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lamothe is affiliated with Methodist Hospital and CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Mario R Lamothe has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Preventive Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
After appx. 8 to 10 yrs of visiting various doctors/specialists and having a myriad of diagnostic tests, it was a huge blessing to finally locate a doctor to diagnose my medical condition. Dr. Lamothe asked questions, and listened intently to my concerns and symptoms. His chairside manner and professionalism puts you at ease to interact more in discussing your problems. I will continue to recommend Dr. Lamothe to friends and family.
Dr. Lamothe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Mario R Lamothe accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKelsey-Seybold Ambulatory Surgery Center, 2727 W Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mario R Lamothe in this video.
Dr. Mario R Lamothe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.