Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mario E Pruss has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Mario E Pruss has the following 12 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Mario E Pruss has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Simply stated, I began seeing Dr. Mario Pruss a couple/few years ago following the semi-retirement of my former, long-term psychiatrist of nearly a decade. I was, essentially, âhanded downâ to Dr. Pruss, which was a bit anxiety provoking for me, as I knew nothing about him or his clinical practice. Currently, I could not be happier with Dr. Pruss. He is extremely patient with me, he allows me to ask questions and offers thoughtful explanations, and he treats me with respect. In my opinion, Dr. Pruss takes that extra step to show that his patientâs best interests are in mind. Lastly, he is pretty good about returning phone calls (knock on wood!). In sum, I am very satisfied with my experiences with Dr. Pruss, and I highly recommend him. Thanks for reading!
Montreal General Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPrince Georges County Health Dept, 501 Hampton Park Blvd, Capitol Heights, MD
Dr. Mario E Pruss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Capitol Heights, MD.