Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marjan Banooni has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I had an appointment today with Dr. Banooni at the Bob Hope clinic. She is my primary care doctor and I had liked her and respected her, but after today, she is no longer my doctor and I agree with the other reviewer - her behavior should be investigated. I have called the UCLA superiors and issued a detailed report. She had a medical emergency and I had to wait over an hour. When she did see me - she was angry and resentful and told me she had just worked for three hours and had not had her lunch. I commented on her erratic behavior towards me and she blew up and stormed out of the room in front of her nurse and the office manager. They were both appalled and agreed with me that this was outrageous behavior. This was beyond unprofessional - it was cruel. I was in the office because I had suffered a bad fall and was in a great deal of back pain. I don't think she is stable and something needs to be done about her behavior.
She was outright rude, not helpful and avoided my calls for weeks. When she did respond she wasn't helpful at all and added hours of legwork for me to do and purposefully made my bill higher. A strangely vindictive doctor. I thought maybe I had done something wrong until I read all these other reviews and realized that this is just the way she operates.
Due to my fear of retaliation i will remain nameless. She was the on call doctor. She was very rude, used a loud and abrasive tone with me accused me of arguing with her when I simply asked a question. I tried to calm her down and told her that I'm not arguing with you I'm just asking you a question. I will call into my doctor's office tomorrow. She answered my question with a question, told me she was not going to help me with a prescription and I said ok can you please calm down I will call the office of my doctor tomorrow & that I'm not sure why the call was transferred to you then she yelled out well don't you think he was doing his job!! I was SHOCKED @ how she treated me & her aggressive behavior. I will be taking this matter up with UCLA & Her superiors. This Dr. Must be investigated!!!! She is not mentally well to be practicing medicine and should not deal with people. She needs an evaluation of her mental, emotional & physical state. I seriously feel she is a danger to society.
During an office visit Dr. Banooni visit was going to refill my prescription and she said when I was in the office, that it was no problem and it was done only to have a nurse call a week later saying she decided not to refill it. Unfortunately, I suffer from a disease for which I need my medication and she still refused and told me to see my specialist for whom I can't get an appointment for three weeks. Normally, my regular internist handles my prescriptions and this was the first and last time I will ever go to such a neglectful doctor when it was a really simple matter. I'd hate to see what she would do if the situation was more serious. Definitely don't recommend.
18 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Marjan Banooni accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marjan Banooni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodland Hills, CA.