Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jan S Risden has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Breast Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I don't typically leave reviews, however I feel obligated to let word out of how traumatizing my labor experience was due to her rude sarcasm. She walked out after asking if we did this every day (gave birth every day) and with a smile said "just fire me". Please do not go to Risden. No one deserves this type of treatment. Her attitude came from out of no where and was completely uncalled for. She was way more concerned with getting home than doing her actual job. When consulting us, she had her lunch in hand and made it clear that she was not going to wait for us to talk over our options. She is awful, not just the worst OB-GYN but lacks the humanity to do her job correctly. PLEASE go to anyone else. Her staff was amazing at cleaning up her disaster though.
she is wonderful, she spends the time with you and gives you peace of mind and makes sure you understand what's going on, she saved my life, because she listened, I went in and made a comment of what I thought was nothing at the end of the appointment and turn out she listened and it was CANCER, I was pregnant and she made sure I made it. very thankful. Needless to say very sad she left practice. I hope she gets back.
15 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Dr. Jan S Risden accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Health Associates Of Richardson, 2821 E President George Bush Hwy Ste 400, Richardson, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jan S Risden in this video.
Dr. Jan S Risden is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Richardson, TX.