Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark K Aasen has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Neck Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Back Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
This md only wants to give u SPINAL SHOTS which makes him a lot of money. Very egotistical. DO NOT GO TO him if u want to continue on the drugs u were on from other doctor. He lectures u about how u r so horrible for wanting your drugs n makes u feel so humiliated for being nothing more than a narcotic seeker. These drugs have a place in our treatment or the FDA would have made them all illegal. I strongly advise u not to go to him if want to continue w your medicines that have been working u have lost your copay n your time.
WILL ONLY GIVE U SHOTS IN SPIN. WILL NOT PRESCRIBE ANY MEDICATIONS. HE ACCUSED ME OF SHOPPING FOR DRUGS. HE HAS NO COMPASSION WHATSOEVER. HE SAYS THERE IS AN EPIDEMIC OF NARCOTICS AND THEY SHOULD NOT BE USE. YES, THERE IS A TIME AND PLACE FOR THE USE OF NARCOTICS. DOES HE MAKE MORE MONEY BY JUST SHOOTING UP SPINES???? WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Mark K Aasen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark K Aasen is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Franklin, WI.