Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark A Ashby has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Mark A Ashby has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Mark A Ashby has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 40
Started off with a voicemail only option telling new patients to "just show up". VM failed to mention 2821 address comes up under mapquest as the MRI imaging. After several frustrating hours and several questions from local residents I learned there are TWO 2821 US Hwy 27 South. However, the Doctors is ALT which is key. Regardless of the specifics you'd think the doctor would at least inform patients of the geographical hiccup. Finally found his place at noon. The staff were exiting for lunch. Said to return at 1pm. I asked clearly: " will I be seen by the doctor today." Uh, yeah sure they said." At 110 they said no you will not be seen today. WHen i reminded them of what they told me they said.."oh, we meant you'd be seen to be given paperwork." Really?! Wow, a disgraceful experience, a full days of work missed and Dr. Ashby will be getting my bill for his non service no show as he so carelessly charges all his no show patients. No wonder some can't show they can't find the place! I will not be seeing this doctor ever.
This man knows his work. He should be in New York or LA we are blessed to have such a knowledgable physician in our little town. I have suffered all my life being missed DX and when I told him my story he lite up and said give me 3-4 weeks of you on these meds and if your not feeling at least 50% better your next visit is on me. I went back one month late doing at least 75% better and even took him in a Starbucks coffee on me. Very smart, very friendly and it shows how much he enjoyes his work which makes for a great Doctor. The very best. Thank you Dr Ashby
33 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMARK A ASHBY MD PA, 2821 Alt US Hwy 27 S, Sebring, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark A Ashby, MD - Psychiatry in Sebring, FL, in this video.
Dr. Mark A Ashby is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sebring, FL.