Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark D Avart has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Mark D Avart has the following 15 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Dr. Mark D Avart has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 34
Doctor Avart is a very fine Doctor. I love his bedside manner, he is very professional and knowledgeable, not quick to recommend surgery, he wants you to not only feel better but to do it properly, I was very happy with my first appointment, I am now a happy patient. So glad there are still some great doctors out in the world. Mark Avart is one. Alicia Thurston
Dr. Avart has a great bedside manner. I don't often write reviews but I had to because I find that too many of doctors don't have a good bedside manner so when I find one who does I want others to know about it. He is very down to earth and seems to actually care about the patient. Office staff was very helpful and accommodating also.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Avart is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Mark D Avart accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsPhiladelphia Orthopedic Group, 333 E City Ave Ste IL1, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark D Avart in this video.
Dr. Mark D Avart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bala Cynwyd, PA.