Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark N Awantang has the following 3 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
Dr. Mark N Awantang has the following 15 expertise
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Mark N Awantang has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 11
Saw this young doc for a hand injury. Every time I saw him they wanted to take x-rays-what a racket! Also, lengthy wait every time, and this doctor missed my diagnosis by a long shot almost costing me my full hand function. Thankfully I went to Dr Mockler who was able to fix me right up. Also, SOS office staff (all of the buildings) are rude as heck, and forget about any compassion. I may look towards Destin for future orthopedic care .
misdiagnosis: Did not want to take time to listen to me or my symptoms. Dx me with tennis elbow on one side and sprained wrist on the other without any recent evidence of injury or overuse. No xrays. Gave me a topical cream . I had an MRI done 2 weeks after that and realized i had a herniated cervical disc and severe nerve impingment. NOT impressive.
17 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Mark N Awantang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Orthopedic Specialists Pa, 1827 Harrison Ave, Panama City, FL
Dr. Mark N Awantang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Panama City, FL.