Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark A Beckner
Dr. Mark A Beckner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orlando, FL, with another office in Winter Park, FL. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Beckner is affiliated with Winter Park Memorial Hospital. Dr. Beckner has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark A Beckner has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Spinal Stenosis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Bone Fracture
- Spinal Fractures
- Herniated Disc
- Back Injuries
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
The reviews are so contradictory it leaves one wondering. Does he have good days, bad days, overbooked schedules? If we encounter the same negative side some have reported, we are better prepared to get his attention, not let him rush us, go over the details, and get the medical attention we expect. We are better aware we may have to handle him and not let him handle us. We had to give a rating in order to submit our comments, thus only 3 stars, until we have been seen and can comment further.
I was referred to this doctor to check on a cervical spine issue and I was treated like a dog. Once I finally got to see Beckner after waiting on that stinky waiting room (smelled like dirty feet and looked old and dirty) of Jewett Orthopaedic in Winter Park, FL, the doctor came in very fast, did not listen what I was trying to describe, walked away in the middle of our conversation to look for my MRI that he did not have (apparently CDI didn't forward to him). He comes back with a copy of my diagnosis still doesn't listen, talked about the surgery for replacing my disc with a metal one through my neck as if it was a normal thing like going to the park. What most bothered me besides the rudeness was that he didn't take the time to listen or to explain, not even a little about my condition. Did not show images or my MRI and didn't seem he wanted to talk about other alternatives. Surgery was the first thing he brought up. Yes, he is a surgeon but I believe he should have been more humane. I don't see surgery as he sees and I also believe on the risks involved. I do not recommend this doctor if the human factor is one of your requirements.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Beckner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Mark A Beckner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark A Beckner in this video.
Dr. Mark A Beckner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.