The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark A Berk
Dr. Mark A Berk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lake Forest, IL, with other offices in Chicago, IL and Glenview, IL . His specialties include Internal Medicine and Dermatology. Dr. Berk is affiliated with Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. Dr. Berk has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark A Berk has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Contact Dermatitis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Psoriatic Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
I cannot say enough about Dr Berk. He spotted a small lesion on my face and new even before the pathology report came back what type of cancer it was. He removed it from my face and I do not even have a scar. He is awesome. I have been seeing him almost since he opened his office in Lake Forest. An Evcellent Dr.
1) Zero respect for patient time. I visited his office two times and in both instances had to wait more than an hour. 2) He will cut everything off you for biopsy whether or not he thinks there is a chance of malignancy. In my opinion he does this to create fees. 3) He misdiagnosed a very basic skin issue as psoriasis without ever asking me if there was a family history or looking at the rest of my body to see if I had anything remotely like psoriasis. I went to another doctor and got an appropriate diagnosis. 4) he doesn't explain well and expects that patients should accept that he knows best.
Dr. Berk's booking policy is horrible. I waited an hour to be seen, only to have an asst. work on me and to see Dr. Berk for 2 minutes.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Berk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Mark A Berk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark A Berk in this video.
Dr. Mark A Berk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Forest, IL.