Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark P Callery has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Mark P Callery has the following 20 expertise
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Fistula
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Liver Diseases
- Colorectal Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Heart Transplantation
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Liver Transplantation
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Mark P Callery has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 13
Frightening experience where he waltzed in minutes before surgery, little explanation, quite late, and basically left a 3rd year resident in charge. Needless to say, it did not go well. I expected more from you and your hospital but clearly routine suburban cases hold no interest for you nor do they merit your time. My advice to folks reading? He's good looking and his after shave smells nice BUT If he's assigned to your emergency surgery, RUN - do not walk - to any of the fine hospitals in the area and in boston. I am lucky that I'm intelligent and persistent enough to get correct diagnosis, care and treatment after a botched surgery where accepted medical practice and procedures were not followed. Finally went to a different hospital where peritonitis was correctly treated AND was considered 'important enough'. Lucky for you, no permanent damage or injury.... hopefully this just might save someone's life if they're not as well-versed in the medical field or as assertive about their care. Had I not gone to another hospital, I might not be here right now. Mark, you had a duty of care and oversight of the resident. You lacked due diligence, attention and failed to ensure appropriate procedures were followed. Never mind being on call yet remarkably unavailable for almost 9 hours for emergency surgery? Folks, you've been warned.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors for Cancer (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® For Cancer are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals as being the best in preventing, diagnosing, and treating cancer and its related ramifications. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
33 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1985
Washington University/Barnes-Jewish Hospital
Dr. Mark P Callery accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBeth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark P Callery in this video.
Dr. Mark P Callery is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.