Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark P Cavalenes
Dr. Mark P Cavalenes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oak Park, IL. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Cavalenes is affiliated with Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. Dr. Cavalenes has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark P Cavalenes has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr.Cavalenes operated on my right shattered ankle.In order to fix my ankle he had to place 7 screws,stabilizer and a rod for my ankle to ever walk again.I had a horrible accident.I am so great he was my surgeon.I certainly recomend anyone that needs to have any orthopedic surgery to go to Dr.Cavalenes, without a doubt.He is the BEST!!!!!:)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Cavalenes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
Dr. Mark P Cavalenes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWestgate Orthopaedics Ltd, 1125 Westgate St, Oak Park, IL
Dr. Mark P Cavalenes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oak Park, IL.