Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark T Edney has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Mark T Edney has the following 8 expertise
- Kidney Stones
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Emergencies
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer
Dr. Mark T Edney has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
I was a patient of Dr. Edney and Peninsula Urology for approximately 5 years. I have a spinal cord disorder which has caused problems which require a competent urologist. I have seen many, many doctors, survived surgeries and years of physical therapy to be able to walk. But never have I felt less cared about than the doctors and staff at this office. Dr. Edney does not take the time to listen or explain the procedures they perform, some being very invasive. On multiple occasions I was sent home without instructions or any idea what to expect from the treatment. When I called with questions or concerns during normal office hours, I was told to go to the hospital or my primary care doctor. Prior to my last visit, I discovered I had a kidney stone. Seemingly a very simple problem for a urologist. However, Dr. Edney informed me to go to my primary care doctor for treatment. And charged me for the visit. The only reason I continued seeing this doctor for so long is that they are the only urology practice in Salisbury. I have since gone across the bridge and received amazing care at both Chesapeake Urology and Johns Hopkins. I wish I had googled Dr. Edney and noticed his past malpractice lawsuits sooner, but am glad I didn't allow them to do any major surgeries. I didn't want to write this review, but after speaking to Laurie today who would not provide me with a copy of my file without a fee, I just feel others should know.
20 Years Experience
Dartmouth Medical School
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Mark T Edney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark T Edney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salisbury, MD.