Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark J Fletcher has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Mark J Fletcher has the following 19 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Disorders
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Injuries
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Mark J Fletcher has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
I was sent to Dr Fletcher because he specialized in shoulder stabilization. Workmans comp refused to let me see the surgeon I wanted to see. I had a slap repair that seemed to be not healing it felt very unstable. Dr. Fletcher just would not listen to my concerns and said he would go in take my bicep down for pain. I told him not so much pain but the feeling of it coming out. He said he will look and fix what he finds. So he took my bicep down told me the last repair with 3 anchors failed and there was no other problem.. I had Pt for a few months then he cut me loose said I was fine and he left for another office? I kept telling him something was wrong. I got another opinion from an ortho surgeon , had a third surgery. That surgeon found a large tear that was missed and he placed 3 anchors. That was why I kept feeling my shoulder was coming out of place! So it seems to me once Dr Fletcher thinks he knows whats wrong he gets blinders on and wont even look at anything else.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
19 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Mark J Fletcher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark J Fletcher in this video.
Dr. Mark J Fletcher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norwalk, CT.